Loved all the Week 2 entries in the Garden Sketch App #DesignThis Garden Design Contest! Makes us want to have a number of gardens, so we can design different ones to suit different moods and to entertain different sets of friends. I suppose that’s the idea of the old manor houses with their different gardens throughout the estate.
Which is your favourite of the three Week 2 entries below?
As a reminder, #DesignThis is a weekly Garden Sketch App Contest that will be hosted here, and on facebook and twitter, weekly until October 31st, 2014!
The contest is quite simple. Each week, we shall post a different garden design challenge here, and on facebook and twitter, and we challenge you to create a garden design of your dreams while including that week’s challenge in the garden design, using the Garden Sketch iPad App. Challenges might be things like including a water feature, rockery, or themed area in your garden. For the purposes of this contest, the Garden Sketch App is free in the iTunes store until October 31st, 2014.
We will be accepting new entries each week, until midnight PST on the Sunday of the week, at which point our esteemed judges will select a winner (or we will go to one of our various gardening communities to help us pick out a winner). Weekly winners will be announced on Tuesday evening.
- Download the Garden Sketch App to your iPad for free;
- Use Garden Sketch to create a design for a dream garden including the week’s challenge element;
- When you are done designing, select ‘Share’ and email yourself a .png of your dream garden;
- Then share your Garden Sketch dream garden .png with us by posting it on our facebook page with the #DesignThis hashtag on your entry description, on twitter by including @GardenSketchApp and #DesignThis in your tweet, or by sharing a link to the image in the contest post comments; and
- Check back on Tuesday evening to see if you won!
To make entering easier, we’ve written a sample tweet below, that you could use to enter:
#BeddingDown with the @GardenSketchApp ~ URL to image. I showed you mine, now show me yours! http://ht.ly/BNofB #DesignThis
For various tips and tricks to creating a Garden Sketch, check out our Garden Sketch Tutorial, by clicking on this link.
So what will the weekly prize for the winners be? $50 (Canadian) gift certificate to a local-to-you garden centre (or in lieu of that, to an online seed catalogue or garden centre).
In honour of Canadian Thanksgiving, this week’s #DesignThis Contest Challenge is to include a vegetable or herb garden in the Garden Sketch dream garden design that you create.
*We are extending this week’s entry deadline to Tuesday October 14th, 2014 at midnight, due to the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday, and will announce this week’s winner on Wednesday October 15th.*
Happy Garden Sketching! We look forward to your entries!Read More